Friday, August 24, 2012

On a Quest

I believe that everyday we receive messages.  Not just on our phones or our emails, but messages from the world around us.  For example I may stub my toe on a chair, well if I had put that chair away I would not have stubbed my toe, thus the message is 'clean up after your self'.  Well this summer I have been receiving alot of messages, and quit honestly I am not sure what the message is or what  I should do about them.
During the first part of my many road trips I came across a small sign of where Joseph Smiths boyhood home was located.  For those of you who do not know who Joseph Smith was, he founded the Mormon Church.  Okay so the first sign was no big deal, but it was really cool to see it.  Did you know that he grew up in a small lowland area, otherwise known as a swamp.  Hmmm, I have something in common with him, very cool, maybe I can start my own church also.  NOT.
The second big road trip, I see Joseph Smiths birthplace and the very large granite stone at the site.  Did you know it is the shiniest  and most polished stone in the world?  Neither did I till I saw it.  So now there are two signs or messages.  My interest is peaked.
Third and current trip, I see where Joseph Smith got married.  Okay now this is getting a little to repetitive.  I think I should start paying more attention. 
But the last one is a real hmmmm thought, Jeff is going off to Utah next month for vacation.  Now wait a minute does this mean that with all this messages and signs and with him going away, are we turning Morman and I do not know it?  Am I on a pilgrimage?  Because if I am, then I am not so sure what I am suppose to learn. So far I have learned that Smith came from humble beginnings and ended with a church that I hear is covered in Gold.  Maybe I could have the same fate?  Wouldn't that be nice.  But probably not and the last I checked we are not converting.  But I am interested in what others think all of these signs are and what they mean.  Because I am completely puzzled.
I do know though that my end result would not be decorated in gold.  It would be decorated in Mickey Ears  and all things Disney :)


I look forward to reading your opinions and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment