Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Proud new Owner

Well its official, there is no turning back now, I am the proud new owner of a new to me bike.  Not exactly the bike I thought I would be buying this Spring, but who knows what each day will bring and what new endeavors? 
This is what I thought I would be buying, isn't she a beauty?  Check out the chrome  :)




http://blog.motorcycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/100112-2013-vespa-lx-aquamarine.jpg\
And this is what I purchased:





 The one I bought requires a little more energy and surprisingly some new gear.  Oh dear, I guess I will have to go shopping.  The best thing is I got a heck of a deal on the bike,  brand new it would have sold for $1200, I paid only $525; plus $90 for two new tires.  That is one heck of a deal if I ever saw one, and now I can afford to go out and buy my kayak so the boys and I can get on the water before my big travels of May begin.  Now to come up with a name for the bike.
So far this week I have only rode for 2 hours, not much I know, but I did ride in the gym for three hours so far this week.  I am hopeful the weather will cooperate tonight and maybe I can get some more riding time.  I am slowly learning how to ride again, I never had this fancy of a bike in my life before.  Who knew your brake lever is the same for your gear shifts?  Not this girl. 
This week I have learned how to change my tires, which is a pain in the butt.  What the little doo hickey is next to the chain and how to remove it so when it fails and your chain slips you can fix it.  I have learned how to fix said chain.  I have learned the computer that comes with the bike talks to me, which was very freaky.  She must like sitting in the car because she never talked to me before I put her in the car and then she gave me the lowdown on my last ride which was over twelve hours ago.  I have learned how to take off and put back on my tires, note you do not have to unscrew both ends all the way, if you do, keep track of the springs. 
Most importantly I have learned gear is really really expensive.  I need new sunglasses, shoes, shirts, pants, sun protection, jacket and I am sure something else I am missing.  But all in due time and I will have it all and be styling as I go down the road. 
When I stop and think what I could have had and what I do have, I am thankful.  The one I have will get me in shape and challenge me to the fullest extent; and the one I could have had is just going to have to wait a little while longer.  Maybe by the time I get it there will be room in the garage for it; now I am dreaming. 




No comments:

Post a Comment