Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day one

What have I learned today?  I have learned that the day after a hurricane is very windy, extremely windy; actually ridiculously windy.  Riding into a headwind up and down hills is not fun in case anyone was curious.  But along the way I did have many positive moments such as meeting new friends and rekindling old friendships.  When faced with adversities this group will rally together and provide support and inspiration.  We congratulate those that were able to conquer this day and congratulate those that did portions along the route with the same enthusiasm.  There is no competition here, only support.
As the presidential debate is going on as I write this, I wonder what would happen if these two individuals should join us.  Would they support each other?  Would they see what can happen when support is provided?  Every year I am amazed at the energy that comes from this event.  If only we could share it with more individuals I think the world would be a much better place.  A world where no one is left behind when you are at your lowest there is someone to pick you up.  That is the type of world I want my boys to inherit and to grow up in.  And every day I strive to provide such a world for them.  Even if it is only in our home it does not matter because I know they will go out into the world and share that message with others.  Will you help me to change the world one person at a time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment