Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good bye Vermont, hello New York.  It is now day nine on the road and I must say that I do believe I am going crazier.  Yesterday while working in the high peaks I found on top of a small peak a playground for giants.  There is no other explanation for what I saw, which I do apologize I did not take any pictures of due to the fog and rain.  But right there on top of the hill were piles of boulders systematically spaced in a circle in a large field.  The first thing that came to mind was that they must be playing a marbles game and I had interrupted them mid game.  Now this will give you an idea as to how tired I am, I honestly had to pull over and figure out what the next logical move would be for the giants.  I kid you not. 
Now on another note I was so happy to find a natural food store outside of Stowe the other day.  It was just north of Wilmington and south of Stowe, sorry I don't remember the name of that little town.  But this store had so many really cool items.  I picked up goji berries, hemp milk, hemp seed, Mocha Stout beer, and Kombucha.  I was the happiest over getting the Kombucha, I had read about it in the raw cookbooks and I was not able to find it anywhere around home.  I decided to save it for my breakfast for the next day, I figured it would be a great way to start the day full of energy.  Boy was I wrong.  I took one sip of the drink and I just about threw it up right away.  It has to be the most awful thing in the world, why do people drink this?  The only thing it gave me energy for was to run really fast to the bathroom.  Ugghhh, so three donuts, a glass of cider, and two muffins later I think my system has absorbed enough other stuff to flush the Kombucha out of my system. 
So after a day filled with excitement I guess the message of the day is, learn how to play  marbles with the giants and stay away from Kombucha.  By the way, the next player has to hit the third pile from the right and that will break up two of the other players and he will get the most marbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment