Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day everyone.  As I travel through Vermont, for the sixth day in a row, I saw a sight today that made me stop and think.  I am not sure where exactly where I was, somewhere on the east side of the state.  The area was devastated last year by Hurricane Irene.  There are still bridges that are out, and homes that are still laid in ruin.  What struck me today was the sight of a lone man in a cemetery.  He was hunched over and so small looking.  I could not tell if he was visiting the grave of his own mother or maybe the mother of his children.  It made me pause though in my busy traveling day, and be thankful.  Thankful for my own mother.  Thankful for the time I had with my grandmothers.  Thankful for those moms that have helped me raise two wonderful boys.  Thankful for being a mom myself. 
So on this day, it took one lone man without saying a word to me, to make me be thankful.  As you go through your day or travel near and far, stop for just a moment.  Take a breathe and hug those that are dear to you.  I am sure that lone man did hug those that are dear to home when he could, but today and he stood in a cemetery and talked to them through his own thoughts.  I am sure he would give anything to hold those dear to him.  So out of respect to him and his lesson, go and hug someone and tell them that you love them.

What are you waiting for?  Go hug someone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment